After School Club Play Worker – Papworth Everard
Hours: 21.25 / 28 a week
Location: Papworth Everard
Job Type: part-Time, Permanent
Salary: £7 – £8.75
What are we looking for
We are looking for a Play Worker / Play Coordinator to work in a Breakfast, After School and Holiday Club in our nursery in Papworth Everard.
You will be working with children aged 4-11 alongside our club staff.
This is a permanent position. You will be working 21.25 hours a week during the school term time and 28.5 hours a week during the school holidays.
The role requires split shifts during term time before school and then after school hours, which can be discussed in more detail at the interview.
The rate of pay is £7-£8.75 depending on age and experience.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To be part of the team of childcare staff providing a safe, stimulating environment for the children, with creative and appropriate play opportunities
- To assist in the planning, implementing and supervision of children’s activities
- To assist in ensuring the safety of all children at out of school care
- To be responsible, with the other team members, for ensuring that play materials and equipment are properly used, maintained and stored
What we are looking for:
We’re looking for a person who is self-motivated, passionate and a team player with good communication and interpersonal skills. You must have a genuine desire to care for children in a safe and stimulating environment.
Work experience in child care setting is desirable but not essential.
What can you expect from us:
- Competitive salary
- On-going training and development
- Free uniform
- Pension contribution scheme
Safeguarding is extremely important to us, we will pay for you to have an enhanced DBS check and we’ll fully supervise all employees until a clear DBS check is received.