Nursery Apprentice Vacancy- Cambridge
Location: Cambridge Nursery
Job Type: Full-Time, Apprenticeship
Rate of pay: £7.50 per hour
What are we looking for
If you are passionate about working with small children and want to earn money while gaining Level 2 or Level 3 qualification in childcare, this is an opportunity for you.
As an Apprentice you will be to working 40 hours a week alongside qualified staff across all areas of the nursery, developing your practical skills in caring for young children under the overall guidance of the Nursery Manager and a mentor within the setting.
The rate of pay is £7.50 per hour.
Your responsibilities will include:
- supporting children in play and learning activities,
- everyday care routines such as meal and sleep times,
- enhancing the environment with displays of children’s work,
- observing and record keeping of children’s development and
- planning to meet their individual needs supported by establishing positive relationships with parents and careers.
As part of our Apprenticeship programme we work in conjunction with Central YMCA to offer you the opportunity to complete a Level 2 (Certificate for Children and Young Peoples Workforce) or Level 3 (Diploma for Early Years Practitioner) qualification. The apprenticeship takes up to 24 months to complete.
Benefits of working for Clarence House Nurseries
- Free uniform
- Free lunches
- First Aid and Food Hygiene training
- Free staff Christmas party
- Career progression opportunities within the Clarence House Day Nurseries group
Safeguarding is extremely important to us, we will pay for you to have an enhanced DBS check and we’ll fully supervise all employees until a clear DBS check is received.